If India Earl does a photo year in reflection… I do a photo year in reflection lol!!
Below you’ll find a photo from every single shoot I did this year (besides mini sessions because that was an excessive amount… also besides the 4 more that I still need to edit & tomorrow’s sesh, sorry guys lol!!) — Engagements, weddings, proposals, families, fashion, styled shoots, plus all the times I forced my friends in front of my camera while I learned my camera and style (extra special shout out to my sisters, Gianna, & Maison lol!)… 2018 WAS SO FUN + instagram is my freakin FAV for providing a platform that allowed me to connect with sooo so many new amazing friends!!!
Quitting my office management job…
& starting my business in 2018 (even though it was driven from health issues & necessity) was the BEST decision I’ve ever made & I’m SO thankful to each and every one of you who have believed in me & made this dream a reality. Looking back on my growth artistically is a trippppp especially as you scroll further and further down (lol!!) + how I just tried to make each shoot unique to the couple, location, their style/colors… so fun to look back on!!
A few things I learned this year:
– How to start a business, set up my client management software system (HoneyBook), created a process so I don’t double book (happened once… oops lesson learned!), how to market/network through insta, organize/record my taxes and gas log, backup my files, etc.
– How to pose couples in an authentic way that makes them feel comfortable + connect with them in a way that makes their sessions a fun/memorable experience!!
– How to set up my own WordPress website and Pinterest/google business pages (then I set up 4 more for my friends lol!!)
– Then in my personal life… how to sell 2 houses and buy 1.. and how to find/coordinate all of the contractor work.
– How to say “no” to things that no longer serve me or my business (like going out all night & eating taco bell for example… lol!!)
– But my favorite accomplishment BY FAR this year was creating the Fresno Photogs!! I’m sooo very excited for this next year with youuuu friends — to learn, grow, connect with each other, & create some MAGIC!!
My main focus…
going into 2019 (I’m glad you asked lol!!) is to give my brides the BEST possible experience & spoil them with gifts, advice, friendship, & an overall fun/comfortable experience.
Through this reflecting… I’m also realizing that I’m def not as muchhhh into traveling as I thought I would be in 2019 (with the exception of Morocco, Hawaii, & Mexico yayayyy).. sweet little naive, innocent, baby-in-the-crib Toni thought I’d be traveling internationally allllll the freakin time, but this year I’m waaay too focused on my local brides & community. Maybe 2020 will be the year for crazy travel (& I’ll live vicariously through my photog friends and their travels in the meantime lol)!!
In my community…
I aim to be selfless & supportive. Help as many people as humanly possible, without burning myself out. I’m honestly not trying to make a quick buck.. I genuinely want to connect & help others grow for free.
Literally just 8 months ago I didn’t know anything about photography & i grew soooo much further by just reaching out to people who were already doing what I wanted to do & asking the right questions.. so that’s the kind of resource I wanna be for the newbies this year too!! (Which while I’m talking about that… I spend at least an hour every day trying to respond to DMs and emails & it gets super overwhelming so just know that even if it takes me awhile to get back to you… I personally respond to every single one eventually lol)!!
fun plans coming up for youuuuu friends (both brides + photogs!) — thank you for coming along for the ride and I can’t WAIT to work hard, be kind, & grow with you in 2019!!!
**also tried to add my #1 top played song of 2018 here but that feature isn’t working right now; I’ll add it later lol. Spoiler Alert: it’s Gold Dust (Elgot VIP Remix) by Galantis — you’re all my gold dust!!**
Every single shoot/event was SO fun — idk how I got so lucky with the most beautiful/fun clients ever but you guys make my job literally the best thing in the world!! I’m endlessly grateful for you alllll :))
LOVE YOU FRIENDS!! xo