Hiiii friend!!!!! Welcome to this 10 part Youtube series on How to Begin Videography for those of you who are already wedding photographers who just want to dabble in video & add more value to their brides 2019 packages!!
WHAT WE’LL GO OVER:
- My gear
- How I shoot with it
- Importing / culling / organizing
- Picking the right song
- Editing tricks (light leaks, double exposure, etc.)
- Export settings
- The final video
- a Bonus video at the end!!
**Full Disclaimer** I am not a professional videographer… these are just building blocks for you to get started!! (so don’t be mean to me if something I say is wrong lol!!)
So if listening to me talk to the camera in my pjs & making more money sounds like fun to you… then check back here for the new videos posted every Monday and Wednesday until 12/26!! :))
BEGINNERS GUIDE TO VIDEOGRAPHY (FOR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS — Video #1)
GEAR TO START WEDDING VIDEOGRAPHY (FOR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS — Video #2)
Camera: Canon Mark iii
Lenses: Canon 50mm1.4 and Canon 35mm1.4 and Canon 85mm1.8
Glide Cam: ehhhhh…. Up to you!
HOW TO SHOOT VIDEOGRAPHY (FOR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS — Video #3)
1. Keep the camera as STEADY as possible!!
2. Keep the camera & subject moving in a way that makes sense to the STORY!
3. Shoot true to color (don’t over or under expose)
4. Do NOT overshoot! Or else culling will be a nightmare!!
IMPORT, ORGANIZE, & CULL (FOR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS — Video #4)
Import: super easy, just drag and drop onto the timeline!!
Cull: preview your footage with the toggle so you can quickly go through the clips you like and ignore the clips you don’t want to use
Organize: there’s lots of videos you can watch on how to organize your footage so it’s all easier to work with… but I honestly just view my clips a few times and keep a general idea in my head of where I placed the clips I want to use! Since we’re only focused on creating a highlight film here (not a full length film) I don’t think you necessarily need to get too deep into the organization process!!
Also…. HAHAHA totally just realized I didn’t edit out some of the titles from the previous video on this one…. so it’s gonna have some annoying random titles pop up & I’m too lazy to go back and fix it so sorrrryyyyyyy I didn’t have time to watch it all the way through before posting lol!!
HOW TO PICK SONG FOR WEDDING VIDEO (FOR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS — Video #4)
- Choosing the right song for the couple (slow/romantic, fast/upbeat, etc)
- If you are charging someone money for this video… you need to purchase the LICENSE to use the song used!! (if I really want a song that doesn’t offer the license… I’ll reach out to the artist’s team directly & ask for permission).
- Give the song artist allllll the credits (tag, caption, links to website, etc).